'Like' Us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1570141195&ref=profile#!/pages/U-B

Place orders here; you.bee.well@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

~*~*Grow Your Dreams~*~*

Grow Your Dreams... I've decided that I am going to get these words printed on my stickers and postcards that I will be distributing in stores.
Today, I had an awesome day in Philadelphia.
I visited great herbal resource stores right in the city.  One is the Penn Herbal Company; located at 2nd & Spring Garden..   http://www.pennherb.com/
 And the other is the Herbiary; a store in the Redding Terminal  (also with a location in Chestnut Hill)  http://www.herbiary.com/
Since I have started making balms, I have been getting my beeswax, honey and essential oils from Kings.  This spot has become a mecca to me.  It is family run by the sweetest Mennonite women, about an hour outside of Philadelphia.  If you are ever up for a little journey, I would highly recommend making a trip..http://www.kingsherbs.com/
Although, Kings will continue to be my favorite for my ingredients both the Herbiary and Penn Herb are really incredible resources that we are lucky to have here within Philadelphia's city limits.
In addition to deciding to use 'Grow Your Dreams' on my stickers and postcards, I have recently made another great realization on why I want to bring my balms to the public.    I found that making balms is a fun way to ground myself in the pursuit of my musical happenings, and life in general.  It has been truly a blessing to find a way to be connected to the planet while living in the city and my big hope is that whoever ends up having a u-bee-well lip balm will be triggered to also find a small way to get connected to the planet in their lives.  Be it going to a farmers market, or composting..  supporting the sustainable, independent businesses...  Even if you don't consider yourself an environmentalist; there is a no debate that a tomato from the farmers market is 10 billion times more scrumptious than one that comes from a far off place and treated with hormones and pesticides..    I hope that u-bee-well will spawn the activist in every person that encounters one of the lip balms..  If we each do just a little~~ together we can shake it!!
**Cheeeers to dreams~~~  Growing dreams......

No comments:

Post a Comment