'Like' Us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1570141195&ref=profile#!/pages/U-B

Place orders here; you.bee.well@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall time is the Right Time!

I love the turning of seasons.  The energies are always inspiring.  In the event you don't know, Mike and I (The Spinning Leaves  thespinningleaves.com) set out for a 2 & 1/2 month tour of the country.  27 states.. oh, man was it amazing.  I feel like it should be a mandatory requirement for all U.S citizens to make the trek cross country.

Anyway, I just got out of a big meeting with our music label which followed a long meeting yesterday.. talking about music business and events and things.

I feel like part of the reason why I like to work with plants is because it grounds me when the pursuit of music is endless and flighty.

With this said, I have decided to take my lip balms that I created to a new level.  I am offering an opportunity for small businesses, non profits and independent folks (or bands) marketing a product to use the lip balms to market themselves.  Getting a logo and website on a lip balm is an awesome way to market a product.  It's re-usable, ya know?  I learned about ETSY via a lip balm they were giving away at a table at the folk fest a few years ago.

I recently learned that the more I make, the cheaper it can be.  Unfortunately, when doing the larger orders I won't be able to use all plants from my garden and the lavender essential oil made by the Menonite women just outside of Philadelphia, but I will use the finest ingredients that I can afford at this point.  It will still be a great lip balm, promise..  Fine ingredients meaning (I'll get the essential oil from Whole Foods.. ya dig?)

Anyway, if you're interested, please let me know as soon as possible.

    It will take me a few weeks to complete one order right now because I don't have 500 empty tubes in my house.. I have to order them. I have to go get the ingredients. And then~ send YOUR logo to the lovely Angela Miles who will work her graphic art magic... get the labels printed..  and then, I drop the lip balms off to you!

I'm very excited to get this rolling.  I hope to hear from you soon.
Email me at you.bee.well@gmail.com

As for other happenings~  I have been researching lotion making recipes.  I am getting very excited to make some great lotions soon... as well as some perfume and candles! 
ALSO~~ it's cold season. If you're a friend and want something to boost your immune system, let me know if you're interested and I'll make you my special potions.
*You have to be a friend for the medicines though.  I am not licensed. Can't sell to the public.
With this said~~ my medicines are effective and I take them myself, as long as a few friends to date.

I hope you were out somewhere today in this glorious weather we're having.  Thankfully we got out early and hiked around Fairmount Park.  I was the more successful than I have ever been with skipping stones.  I got one to skim the 'wooder' once!

Before I sign off, I will be offering gift baskets for the holidays.  Lip balms, lotions, teas candles and perfumes.. Just planting the seed.
Keep your eyes open for more info in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

Let me know what you think of my blog!!

Love,
me, Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment